Anyone that has ever paid for a wedding will fully realize just how expensive it is. Many individuals save up for years for their wedding and yet find that they only have just enough for their dream day. The honeymoon is an extra that many people forget and then realize that they do not have enough money to pay for the trip of their dreams, but with budget honeymoon travel the trip of dreams is still very much available and accessible!
Budget honeymoon travel is all about knowing where to look and timing your booking just right in order to get the lowest rates possible. This applies to the destination of your choosing the majority of the time because it is possible to find substantial discounts all around the world! You can actually save anything from 20% to 50% and get a range of free extras with budget honeymoon travel, including access to amenities that you would have otherwise have paid for, health treatments, additional nights, entertainment and meals. With all this at you fingertips for an amazingly affordable rate, why would you not want to take advantage of them?
If your idea of a great honeymoon is living in the lap of luxury for a few weeks then these budget honeymoon travel tips will enable you to do that:
1. Look at short stay vacations in locations that are considered to be off-season at the time of your wedding. For example, if you are getting married in the US summer, look to go to the Southern hemisphere for your honeymoon. If it is a winter wedding, look to the Northern hemisphere. You will find plenty of budget honeymoon travel packages that cost a fraction of the price if you are going off-season!
2. Look at the lower room rates rather than the suite rates. By choosing a basic room, you can save up to half of the cost. Budget honeymoon travel should be about the newlyweds and the place you are visiting and not what you have in the room!
3. If you mention to the hotel in question that you are on honeymoon and have a tight budget then they will often offer a discount on top of the room rate or throw in an extra night. If you want to access budget honeymoon travel then you have to be cheeky but many agents will not do this for you because they will lose commission, so it is best to contact the hotel itself and ask.
4. Book flights and accommodation separately. If you book them together then the package can often cost more than your budget will allow, but looking for budget honeymoon travel is made a lot more viable if you book the two entities separately.
5. Look to Hawaii and Mexico for the best discounts. Hotels in these resorts will often offer specific packages for individuals looking for budget honeymoon travel. The websites will often display these discounts so you can get a good idea of how much it will cost before talking to the hotel itself.
6. Choose a weekend break for your actual honeymoon, which may cost less than $500 in total, and then ask the guests at your wedding for travel gift certificates. You can then go on to book the ultimate honeymoon a few months after the wedding but can still get away for a few days after the wedding. This is a budget honeymoon travel technique that a high number of newlyweds are tapping into at the moment because of the rising costs of weddings.